How much is a family portrait session?
My rates can vary a bit based on a few factors (like location) but expect to invest around three hundred dollars for an hour long (+/-) family session and edited images suitable for anything from save the dates to large prints.
How much is an engagement session?
My rates can vary a bit based on a few factors (like location) but expect to invest around three hundred dollars for an hour long (+/-) engagement session and edited images suitable for anything from save the dates to large prints.
How much is a complete wedding?
My rates can vary a bit based on a few factors (like location and amount of coverage time needed) but expect to invest anywhere between two thousand and three thousand dollars which will generally include all day coverage from bridal preparation to the end of the reception. Below the questions listed here is an example of the coverage I provide.
What are some of locations that I've photographed weddings?
Maryland: Annapolis Wedding Chapel, Celebrations at the Bay, Conrad's Ruth Villa, Deer Creek Overlook, Eastern Yacht Club, Hemlock Farm, The Inn at Roop's Mill, Liriodendron Mansion, Martin's East, Mountain Branch Golf Course, Mountain Christian, Newton-White Mansion, Perkins Event Venue, Quiet Waters Park, The Sheraton Hotel Towson, Spring Hill Manor, Top of the Bay, The Wellwood, and a ton of backyards. Pennsylvania: Landis Valley Museum, Liberty Mountain Resort, The Omni Hotel in Philadelphia. California: Palm Desert Resort Country Club, Vintage Nursery Bermuda Dunes. Florida: Bethel Assembly West Palm Beach.
What photographic style do I specialize in?
In terms of style, I shoot in whatever style the wedding day requires of me. Many photographers avoid wedding photography because it covers a gamut of styles from photojournalistic to portraiture to even staged. In terms of editing style, as you can see from my home page, I love clean vibrant colors. I've never been into the matte/VSCO style that has become popular though I can edit pictures that way. Something about seeing the entire range of colors of the day is very important to me (and should be to you too!)
Below I've listed a typical amount of coverage but of course, each package can be modified and personalized as needed.
*Typical Wedding Scenario and Coverage:
- Discussion of all necessary details including but not limited to: pertinent dates (engagement shoot, wedding rehearsal, wedding), wedding timing (itinerary of the actual day, schedule of special surprises, arrival/departure, et al), relationship details, and expectations.
Engagement Shoot (Optional)
- This will include pictures suitable for prints, save the dates, framing, and other fun uses.
- Session to be held at client's chosen location or if preferred, a location scouted by WDP.
- Scout the location of the ceremony (and reception if possible).
- Scout locations for the formals.
- Verify the itinerary with the couple.
- Decide on lighting based on time of day.
- Collaborate potential issues with the minister (move for the kiss, timing of the rings, etc).
- Collaborate potential issues with the couple (scandalous kiss, holding the ring, timing of vows, timing of surprises, etc).
- Collaborate potential issues with the videographer (location of stationary cameras and moving cameras).
- Collaborate timing with the DJ.
- Reassure the bride that all will go well even if it doesn't seem like it's going well. :D
- Bride and bride's maids prep
- Groom and groom's men prep
- Arrival at ceremonial venue
- Ceremony (candle lighting, sand mixing, flash/no flash/altar movement/etc)
- Walk-down of the bridal party (groom's men, bride's maids, father/daughter giveaway, vows, rings, kiss, et al)
- Family formals at predetermined location (classic shots)
- Reception of the bridal party (introductions by DJ)
- Reception of the bride and groom
- First dance
- Guest interaction during dinner
- Fun dances (hora, line dances, Polish apron, et al)
- Formal dances (mother/son, father/daughter)
- Couple table work
- Last dance
- Highest Quality edited images will be provided via download and/or thumbdrive.
- Prints, as always, are available via the website directly.